Dr. Thirumalini S. received B.E., M.E. & Ph.D. Degrees from Coimbatore Institute of Technology.
Her areas of interest are Internal Combustion Engines, Combustion Modeling, and Computational Fluid Dynamics. She has guided a number of graduate student projects on In-cylinder flow dynamics, Structural analysis of Thermal Systems, Investigations on use of alternate fuels, HVAC and Low-temperature combustion studies. She is currently guiding 7 Ph.D. scholars and one student had graduated last year. She leads the research activity at the Amrita Automotive Research & Technology Centre (AARTC) and is currently involved in setting up test facility for Power train Emission Studies with Compliance for Euro VI and beyond.
Dr. S. Thirumalini received the “Women Engineer award – 2008” from the Institution of Engineers, Tamilnadu state chapter, and “Ralph R.Teetor Educational Award” from SAE International at Michigan, Detroit, 2010. She received the “Guru Award” from SAEINDIA Foundation in 2014.
She is a member of SAEINDIA and Institution of Engineers (India) and a Life Member of the Indian Society for Technical Education and ISAMPE.
Power train development and testing, HVAC studies, Thermal analysis, Simulation of combustion, Low-temperature combustion, and emission analysis
- Combustion analysis in GDI engines for improvement in specific fuel consumption.
- Multi-attribute optimization of combustion by simulation and validation.
- Studies on NOx reduction by SCR exhaust after treatment to maximize NH3 conversion.
- Studies on the relation of instantaneous emissions to legislated emissions for different test cycles and engine types and designs, various fuels and their possible correlation.
- Frictional studies in engines
- DST- TSDP – ARCI & Amrita 2015
- DST – FIST 2016
- Internal Combustion Engines
- Tribology in Engines
- Combustion and Emission in Engines
- Refrigeration & Air conditioning
- Heat Power Engineering