Dr. A. V. Shyam currently serves as Associate Professor, School of Business, Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Coimbatore Campus.
Dr. A.V. Shyam has been with ASB Coimbatore for a total for 14 years,and has been engaged in teaching,research,consultancy,and academic administration. Currently,he is the Chairman at ASB Coimbatore. He is a member of the University Academic Council, Faculty committee for Faculty of Management (University level committee), and the Board of Studies for Management. He has earlier served in several school level committees including the Post Graduate Programme committee for the MBA programme, and the PhD committee.
His researchn interests are in the domains of Cognitive Business Intelligence, issues in technology-human interface, analytics applications etc. He has published in International conferences and journals including in the journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, and journal of Services Marketing. In the PhD programme, Dr.Shyam has taught the courses Research Methodology in Management and Research Trends in Information Systems and Analytics. For MBA students, he teaches courses on Data Analytics, Business Analytics, and Advanced Tools for Decision Support.
Industry and Academic Experience: 21 years
- 2018: Ph. D.
Fellow of IIM Kozhikode
- 1999: PGDM
Amrita Institute of Management
- 1996: BTech (Hons) in Mechanical Engineering
University of Calicut
- Deepak, S. K., & Shyam A.V. (Working Paper) “Influence of Waiting Area Designs on the Perceived Mood Restoration Potentials in Hospitals”, targeted journal –International Journal of Pharmaceutical and Healthcare Marketing.
Teaching Experience (PhD)
- Research Methodology in Management
- Teaching Experience (MBA)
- Advanced Tools for Decision Support
- Advanced tools for Decision Support Systems
- Business Analytics
- Business Intelligence Data Analytics 1
- Decision Analysis and Decision Support Systems
- Decision Support Systems
- Expert Systems in Business
- Financial Modeling
- Fundamentals of IT and Java Programming
- Fundamentals of IT and VBA Programming
- Information Technology Lab
- Introduction to Business Analytics
- Management Information Systems
- Mathematics for Managers (in Orientation programme)
- Operations Management
- Operations Research
- Quantitative Methods in Management-1
- Quantitative Methods in Management-2
- Relational Database Management Systems
- Spreadsheet Modelling (in Orientation programme)