Disassemble the product of sub assembly-Measure various dimensions using measuring instruments-Free hand rough sketch of the assembly and components-Name of the components and indicate the various materials used-Study the functioning of the assembly and parts-Study the assembly and components design for compactness, processing, ease of assembly and disassembly-Assemble the product or subassembly.
Pneumatic and PLC Workshop
Study of pneumatic elements-Study of PLC and programming. Design and simulation of simple circuits using basic pneumatic elements-Design and simulation of simple circuits using electro-pneumatics.
Sheet Metal Workshop
Study of tools and equipment – Draw development drawing of simple objects on sheet metal (cone, cylinder, pyramid, prism, tray etc.)-Fabrication of components using small shearing and bending machines-Riveting practice.
Welding, Soldering and Plumbing Workshops
Study of tools and equipment – Study of various welding & soldering methods- Arc welding practice – fitting, square butt joint and lap joint – Soldering practice. Plumbing tools – Make a piping joint to a simple piping layout (should include cutting, threading and pipe fixing)
Objectives and Outcomes
- To introduce basic conceptspertaining to product dismantling and assembly
- Tofamiliarizebasic pneumatic components;design and validate simple circuits
- To familiarize sheet metal tools and operations
- To provide hands-on training on welding and soldering
- To introduce basic plumbing tools and process
- To inculcate the fundamental principle of operation and applications of 3D printing
At the end of the course, the student will be able to:
||Dismantle and assemble various products
||Design and simulate pneumatic and electro-pneumatic circuits
||Fabricate sheet metal objects.
||Performance welding and soldering operations
||M a k e simple plumbing joints.
||Design and build simple geometries using 3D printers