Dr. Priyanka Kumar currently serves as Assistant Professor at the department of Computer Science and Engineering, School of Engineering, Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Coimbatore. She did her PhD in the Software Transactional Memory system under Parallel and Distributed Computing domain led by Dr. Sathya Peri at Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad (IITH).
- “On Increasing Concurrency in Transactional Memory Systems”, with Sathya Peri between January 2013 – June 2014, Sponsored by NetApp Bangalore for USD 25,000 ( Rs. 12.5 Lakhs).
Fellowships & Awards
- Awarded “Young Woman in Engineering” (Major Area of Study – Computer Science and Engineering) of the 4th Venus International Women Awards – VIWA 2019 on March 2, 2019 at Radha Regent, Chennai, India during the 4th Annual Women’s Meet (AWM 2019).
- Awarded “TCS Scholarship” from TCS under “Research Scholar Program” for the 9th cycle in 2014 at IIT Hyderabad.
- Awarded as “Most Promising PhD Researcher” in PhD Forum of ICDCN 2013, TIFR, Mumbai, India.
- Awarded “High Value PhD Fellowship 2013” by Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Patna in 2013.
- Awarded “TCS scholarship” from TCS under “Research Scholar Program” for the 6th cycle in 2013 at IIT Patna.
- “Gold Medalist” in M.Tech. in Database Systems in 2010.
- Awarded the “First Position” in the event “The Apprentice” at Aaruush ’09, a National Level Tech Fest organized by SRM University, Kattankulathur, Chennai, Tamilnadu, India.
- “Gold Medalist” in M. Sc. Electronics in 2007.
- “Multi-Version Conflict Notion”, Priyanka Kumar, Sathya Peri. CoRR abs/1307.8256, 2013.
- “A TimeStamp based Multi-version STM Protocol that satisfies Opacity and Multi-Version Permissiveness”, Priyanka Kumar, Sathya Peri. CoRR abs/1305.6624, 2013
- “Multiversion Conflict Notion for Transactional Memory Systems”, authored by Priyanka Kumar and Sathya Peri can be accessed here
- “Implementation of online-permissiveness using multiple versions and MVC Algorithm” at “IRISS 2016”, January 21-22, 2016, Trivandrum, India..
- “Impossibility of online-scheduling with mvc-opacity and MVC algorithm for Multiverion STMs” at “XRCI Open 2016”, January 21-22, 2016, Xerox, Bangalore, India.
- “Multiversion Conflict algorithm for Multiversion Software Transactional Memory Systems”, at “5th IDRBT Doctoral Colloquium 2015”, from December 10-11, 2015 Institute for Development and Research in Banking Technology, Hyderabad, India.
- “A new Conflict Notion for Multiversion Software Transactional Memory System” at “Doctoral Symposium of DEBS 2014”, May 26-29, 2014, IIT Bombay, India.
- Presented various posters in “University Day at NetApp” in March 2013, 2014 and 2015, Bengaluru, Karnataka, India.
- “Efficient Algorithm for Concurrency Control using Software Transactional Memory System” at “ACM Annual Event”, held at IIT Delhi, in February, 2014.
- “Concurrency Control issues in Multicore Architecture” at “PhD Forum of ICDCN 2013”, January 3-6, 2013, TIFR, Mumbai, India.
- “Concurrency Control issues in Multicore Architectures”, Priyanka Kumar and Sathya Peri in Poster Presentation at Ph.D Forum of 14th International Conference on Distributed Computing and Networking (ICDCN), TIFR, Mumbai, India 2013. (Adjudged 2nd Best Poster).
- “A Buyer and Seller’s protocol via utilization of smart contracts using Blockchain Technology” at ICAICR-2019, June 15-16, 2019.
- “Mobility and Networking with Mobile IP” at “National Conference on Mobile Applications and Security” held at Sri Balwant Institute of Technology, Sonepat, Haryana, India, from October 15-16, 2010.
- “A Study Based On Terror Tracking Application Using Advanced Web Mining System” at “International Conference On Recent Advances in e – communication and i – technologies ” held at Anand Institute of Higher Technology, IT Corridor, Kalasalingam Nagar, Chennai, from April 29-30, 2010.
- “A New Framework for the implementation of Active Data Warehousing & it’s Application in E-Business Environment” at “National Conference” held at Manipal Centre for Information Science, Manipal University, Manipal, Karnataka, from April 23-24, 2010.
- “Object-oriented Data Mining and its knowledge Based Optimization” at “National Conference” held at K S Rangasamy College of Technology, Tirunchengode, Tamil Nadu, from March 5-6, 2010.
- “A New Architecture framework on Cloud Computing and its application” at “National Conference” held at K S Rangasamy College of Technology, Tirunchengode, Tamil Nadu, from March 5-6, 2010.
- “Multi-Relational Object Oriented Data Mining and Ontology Based Application” at “National Conference (NCACC’ 09)” held at Vellalar College of Engineering, Erode, Tamil Nadu, on April 17, 2009.
- Completed ISRO-sponsored NNRMS Course on “Space Technology Applications in Governance and Development” at NRSC, ISRO, Hyderabad, India during March 5-10, 2017.
- Presented a Technical paper in NAFED’ 2016 organised by Structural Engineering Entity, Vikram Sarabhai Space Center, ISRO, Trivandrum, Kerala on December 12, 2016.
- Awarded ‘A’ Grade in Deep Dive Faculty Enablement Program on Big Data and Analytics workshop organized by Infosys, Mangalore Development Centre, India during August 22- 26, 2016.
- “Research Internship” in JAPAN under “Sakura Exchange Program in Science”, conducted between IIT, Hyderabad and University of Tokyo and funded by JST under Japan – Asia Youth Exchange Program in Science started on June 12, 2016 and ended on July 2, 2016.
- Attended “MSR India 2012 Summer School” on “Distributed Algorithms, Systems, and Programming” at the Indian Institute of Science (IISc.), Bangalore, India.
- Spring 2019 (January – June):
- Foundation of IT (15CSE377) – 3 credit course (B.Tech. 4th year ECE students and EIE students)
- Autumn 2018 (July – December):
- Database Management Systems (15CSE302) – 3 credit course (B.Tech. 3rd year)
- Oops using Java (15CSE202 and 15CSE282)– 3 credit course (B.Tech. 2nd year)
- Spring 2018 (January – June):
- Distributed Systems (16CS622) – 4 credits course (M.Tech.+ PhD)
- C- Programming (15CSE102 and 15CSE180) – 3 credit course (B.Tech. 1st year)
- Autumn 2017(July – December):
- Android Application Development (15CSE375) – 3 credit course (B.Tech. 3rd year Elective)
- Computational Thinking and Problem Solving (15CSE100) – 3 credit course (B.Tech. 1st year)
- Spring 2016 (January – June):
- Distributed Systems (16CS622) – 4 credits course (M.Tech.+ PhD)
- Autumn 2016 (July – December):
- Database Management Systems (15CSE340 and 15CSE391) – 3 credit course (B.Tech. 3rd year)
- Maharshi Shah (CB.EN.P2CSE17015), Batch- (2017-2019)
Thesis Title: Tamper Proof Birth Certificate using Blockchain Technology and Containerized it using Docker