Dr. A. Senthil Kumar currently serves as Assistant Professor (Sr. Gr.) – Finance at Amrita School of Business, Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Coimbatore.
Dr. A. Senthil Kumar specializes in Finance and Accounting domain with 17 years of academic experience. Dr. Kumar’s doctoral thesis in Finance received the Best Management Ph. D. Thesis Award from Coimbatore Management Association. His research interests include the Co-integration & Causality in the BRICS Stock Markets, Constructing Optimal Financial Portfolios and Event Studies in Corporate Finance. He has publications in ABDC indexed journals and serves as the reviewer in the Editorial Boards of three Taylor and Francis journals. He is the Area Chair for Finance domain at Amrita School of Business, Coimbatore.
He has undergone a 3-month residential Faculty Development Programme at Indian Institute of Management-Indore. He has attended Workshops, FDPs, and presented papers in various IIMs, IIT, IISc, TAPMI and Amrita University. Dr. Kumar has coordinated Management Development Programmes / Guest Lecture / Faculty Development Programmes on contemporary issues in finance and accounting. He has designed finance elective courses with experiential learning modules.
He served as a member of the Accreditation and Quality Assurance Team of KCT Business School. He was a Lead Consultant in the Finance Consultancy team of KCT Business School and implemented a financial budgeting system for a manufacturing company with a turnover of Rs.25 crores. He is a member of Coimbatore Management Association and The Indian Econometric Society.
Qualification: MBA, PGDCA, M.Phil., FDP-IIMI, Ph. D.
Faculty Research Interest: Co-integration, Causality, Emerging economies Stock Markets, Portfolio Management, Financial Econometrics, Corporate Finance
- Ph. D., Anna University, Department of Management Sciences – Finance, 2017
- FDPM, Indian Institute of Management-Indore, 2009
- M Phil., Alagappa University, Department of Management – Finance, 2007
- PGDCA, Bharathiar University, Computer Applications, 2007
- B. A., Bharathiar University, Finance, 2002
- Com, Bharathiar University, Commerce, 2000
Awards & Recognition
- Recognized as KCT Achiever for the year 2015-16 and awarded with the Best Teacher (ENGAL ASAAN) in MBA Award for the year 2015-16 from Kumaraguru College of Technology, Coimbatore.
- Won Second Prize for the Case Study “Economic Value Addition” presented at the 6th National Case Conference on Case Studies (COGNOSCO) 2017, Christ University Institute of Management, Bangalore, India, September 21-22, 2017.
- Received the Best Management Ph. D. Thesis Award for the year 2017-18 from Coimbatore Management Association on February 21, 2018.
- Assistant Professor (Sr. Gr.), Amrita School of Business, Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham (University), 2018-present
- Assistant Professor (Sr. Gr.), KCT Business School, Kumaraguru College of Technology, 2010-2018
- Senior Lecturer, KCT Business School, Kumaraguru College of Technology, 2009-2010
- Lecturer, KCT Business School, Kumaraguru College of Technology, 2006-2009
- Lecturer, Department of Management Studies, Parks’ College, 2005-2006
- Lecturer, Department of Management Studies, B.M College, 2002-2005
- Ongoing work includes projects on topics such as Co-integration & Volatility in financial markets and Crypto assets, Pricing of IPOs and Portfolio Optimization
- Financial budgeting system for a manufacturing company. Consulting Team Member 2017-18.
- Artificial Intelligence Applications in Finance. Session Chair. NCETAIBM 2019.
- In search of optimal portfolios – an inquiry into the sectoral stocks of Indian stock market. Conference Paper presentation. ISTEM 2019.
- GST – the Indian experience. Session Chair. NCGST 2018.
- A Study on the Performance of IPOs and their Under-pricing with Special Reference to SME Platform. Conference Paper presentation. PANIITM 2018.
– Abstract Published as Conference Proceedings
- Analyzing Stock Picking Ability of Anchor Mutual Funds in Indian Initial Public Offerings. Conference Paper presentation. PANIITM 2018.
– Abstract Published as Conference Proceedings
- Day of the Week effect in Indian Mutual Funds with reference to Equity Linked Savings Schemes. Conference Paper presentation and Session Chair. ICSBMR 2018.
– Selected as the ICSBMR best paper in finance
- Case study on Economic Value Addition. Conference Case presentation. COGNOSCO 2017.
– Awarded second prize in COGNOSCO case competition
- Identifying Optimum Portfolio with sectoral stocks. Conference Paper presentation. ICFMC 2016.
- Are the emerging economy stock markets inter-linked? Conference Paper presentation. NCBR 2015.
- Co-movements between the Indian and Chinese stock markets – an analytical study. Conference Paper presentation. GJIC 2014.
- Does the stock market co-integration among the Emerging Nations Stock Markets present any potential diversification gains to International investor? – An analytical enquiry. Conference Paper presentation. COSMAR 2013.
- Stock Market Co-Integration amongst BRIC Nations – an Empirical Inquiry. AIMSICM 2013.
- Bootstrap financing for Small and Medium Enterprises – An exploratory study. AIMSICM 2011.
- Does cut-off rate simplify the portfolio construction process? – An analytical inquiry. ICEFM 2010.
- Optimal portfolio construction with NSE’s Nifty Midcap Fifty scrips – An analytical research. AIMSICM 2009.
- Sree Narayanaguru College, Department of Commerce / Sri Krishna ASC, School of Management / TIPS Global Institute, School of Management / VLBJ CAS, DoMS/ KCT Business School, various MDP sessions & workshops / Dr.SNS Rajalakshmi CAS, DoMS / Sankara CS, SIMS/ Kumarasamy CE, DoMS.
FDP / WORKSHOPS
- Literature Review. ASB, 2019
- Asset Pricing. TAPMI, 2019
- Curriculum Building for Data Science & Business Analytics. ASB, 2018
- Structural Equation Modeling. TAPMI, 2017
- Case Writing. Christ University, 2017
- Econometric Applications. Pondicherry University, 2016
- Panel Data and Time Series Econometrics. ASB, 2014
- Financial Modeling & Analytics. IIT-M, 2013
- Enhancing Research Skills in Finance, IIT-M, 2013
- Finance Research Workshop. IIM-C, 2012
- Essential Econometrics for Research in Finance, NISM, 2009
- Basic Econometrics for Management Research, IIM-K, 2009
- Entrepreneurs Educators Workshop, IIM-B, 2009
- Teaching Pedagogy & Research (3-month residential FDP), IIM-I, 2009
- Capstone Business Simulation, IIM-I, 2009
- FDP on Building Curriculum for Data Science & Business Analytics using SAS, 2018
- MDP on Goods and Services Tax, 2017- I & II
- ICSBMR Best Paper award, 2018
- COGNOSCO Best Case award, 2017
- Best Management PhD Thesis Award, CMA, 2018.
Teaching and Service Awards
- KCT Business School – KCT Achiever & Best MBA Teacher for the year, 2015-16
Teaching Experience (MBA)
- Financial Management
- Financial Markets and Institutions
- Cost Management
- Security Analysis and Portfolio Management
- Accounting for Management
- The Indian Econometric Society
- Coimbatore Management Association
- Ad Hoc Reviewer: Journal Cogent Economics & Finance, Cogent Business & Management, Cogent Social Sciences, South African Journal of Business Management
- Area Chair- Finance, ASB, (2018-present)