Some of the functions expected of the IQAC are:
• Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for the various academic and administrative activities of the institution
• Dissemination of information on the various quality parameters of higher education
• Organisation of workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles
• Documentation of the various programmes/activities leading to quality improvement
• Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report(AQAR) to be submitted to NAAC based on the quality parameters.
IQAC shall evolve mechanisms and procedures for:
• Ensuring timely, efficient and progressive performance of academic, administrative and financial tasks
• Optimization and integration of modern methods of teaching, learning and evaluation
• Ensuring the adequacy, maintenance and functioning of the support structure.
IQAC will facilitate / contribute:
• To a heightened level of clarity and focus in institutional functioning towards quality enhancement and facilitate internalization of the quality culture
• To the enhancement and integration among the various activities of the institution and institutionalize many good practices
• To provide a sound basis for decisionmaking to improve institutional functioning
• To act as a change agent in the institution
• To better internal communication.